By Leni Levenson Wiener
Fast and glossy Quilts, effortless as 1-2-3!
Selecting materials and making nice quilts hasn't ever been more straightforward! In 3-Fabric Quilts, Leni Levenson Wiener grants the instruments to make twelve superb quilts that every require purely 3 materials. With each one cover composed of geometric squares, rectangles and strips, slicing and piecing hasn't ever been so quick and simple.
Inside, youll find:
- suggestion on picking the 3 materials, together with pointers on figuring out colour, worth and print scale, making cloth procuring more straightforward than ever.
- Illustrated directions for twelve 3-fabric quilts, every one with yardage standards and directions for a small and big size.
- a special quilting template for every undertaking, particularly designed for the quilt.
- simple rotary slicing, piecing and completing instructions.
- enjoyable, clean, modern materials, layouts and styles, ideal for presents or to accessorize your individual home!
No have to rigidity approximately settling on plenty of coordinating materials. With a couple of uncomplicated tips and guidance, pick out simply 3 materials and one in every of 12 amazing designs and youll be in your option to a stunning accomplished cover!
Read Online or Download 3-Fabric Quilts Quick Techniques for Simple Projects PDF
Best needlecrafts & textile crafts books
A hundred Multiplication and department Reproducibles100 multiplication and department puzzles to unravel and colour; whilst young children are entire, they have recreated a different and ancient cover! Reproducibles are sequenced from effortless to additional not easy. history details on each one duvet is incorporated.
Extra interesting rules from crafting diva Sherri Haab• Twenty gallery-quality jewellery projects—necklaces, rings, extra• uncomplicated introductions to textile crafting• Top-selling writer! Sherri Haab understands jewellery. Sherri Haab understands fiber and upholstery. Sherri Haab is aware crafting. Is there whatever Sherri Haab can’t do?
Greater than 20 encouraged quilting and stitching patternsAs a new release of usually self-taught, artistic girls takes to the realm of material, quilting and stitching are becoming a member of forces in a fashion that they by no means have ahead of. Long-time quilters, dedicated to their craft for many years, are beginning to scan with a bit domestic stitching or basic stitching for his or her grandchildren.
В книге представлено 15 детских квилтов - одеяла и панно с подробными схемами и описанием.
- Quilts for Guys: 15 Fun Projects for Your Favorite Fella
- Embellishing with Anything
- Mighty Stories, Dangerous Rituals: Weaving Together the Human and the Divine
- Wiggly Crochet Dishcloths
- Pretty Little Felts Mixed-Media Crafts To Tickle Your Fancy
Extra resources for 3-Fabric Quilts Quick Techniques for Simple Projects
3. Marking the sewing machine: Using your standard sewing foot, place your rotary ruler under the foot, positioned so that the needle is directly over the first ¼” (6mm) line from the edge. The right edge of the ruler is now exactly ¼” (6mm) from the needle. Use a permanent marker or painter’s tape to mark the edge of the ruler onto the sewing machine. When you line up the edge of your fabric with this line, you will be sewing a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. BASIC STRIP-PIECING INSTRUCTIONS There are three basic methods of strip piecing, all of which will be used in the projects in this book: 1.
Pointing the tip of the pin toward the seam to be sewn will also remind you where you were planning to sew in case you are interrupted. If the phone rings, someone needs you or the rice is boiling over, you can leave your work and come back to it later. When the pin points to the seam to be sewn, you will never need to figure out where you intended to sew, even if you don’t come back to it for a long time. Demove pins as you reach them—don’t sew over them! Once you have pinned your rows together, pin a piece of paper to mark the first block of each row with the row number.
Maintaining a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance 3. Pressing If your strips are cut accurately, the seam allowance is consistent and the seams are pressed as you go, the quilt will go together beautifully and without a hitch. But remember as you work that, like anything else, the more you do this, the better you will be at it. If everyone could make a perfect, prizewinning quilt the first time they tried, where would the challenge be? Why would you ever want to make a second one? So enjoy the process and learn as you go.
3-Fabric Quilts Quick Techniques for Simple Projects by Leni Levenson Wiener