By John A. Timbrell
This best textbook within the box examines the mechanisms underlying toxicity, really the occasions on the molecular point and the criteria that make certain and impact toxicity. the recent variation is up-to-date to mirror the newest examine into the biochemical foundation of toxicology and the starting to be issues over the antagonistic results of substances, environmental toxins, and occupational hazards.
Principles of Biochemical Toxicology, Fourth Edition completely explains dose-response relationships, disposition and metabolism, and poisonous responses to international compounds, and provides specific examples to make the mechanisms of toxicity extra available to scholars encountering the topic for the 1st time. complete in scope with a transparent and concise method, the textual content contains precis sections, questions and version solutions, and punctiliously revised paintings that serves as a vital relief to studying and teaching.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- reorganized sections that conceal uncomplicated rules by means of sections on forms of toxicity
- extensive use of examples all through and diverse explanatory diagrams
- new fabric on hazard evaluate, export platforms, oxidative rigidity, Thalidomide, Tamoxifen and asbestos proliferators, domoic acid, bone marrow (benzene), middle (adriamycin), blood (primaquine), biomarkers, cytochrome P450 and different enzymes, receptor mediated results, endocrine disruption, ethanol, botox, arsenic, and more
- questions with solutions for every bankruptcy for evaluation and self-checking
- expanded and up-to-date bankruptcy bibliographies